The Texas License to Carry is the official term for the permit required in the state of Texas to legally conceal or open carry a pistol. Known in the past as the Texas Concealed Handgun license, or CHL, the Texas LTC permit is valid on over 30 states for concealed carry and greatly simplifies the gun buying process at gun stores.
- Fulfills the classroom training requirement for a Texas LTC
- 4 hours long and can be taken at your own pace from anywhere
- Broken into 15-20 min video segments
- Start and stop the class as many times as needed
- 6 months is provided to complete it
- Entirely audio/video based
- Closed Captioning available for all audio
- Easy multiple choice test at the end (as required by TX DPS)
- LTC-101 Certificate of completion immediately available to download
Online Course Details
In 2017, Texas legislature passed law allowing the Texas License to Carry class to be taken online through approved online course providers. As an approved online course provider through the Texas Department of Public Safety Regulatory Services Division, our online Texas LTC class is 100% approved and recognized by the state of Texas. At the completion of the online course, you will be immediately issued an LTC-101 certificate of training. This DPS certificate can then be taken to an LTC instructor for the proficiency demonstration* (shooting qualification and range instruction). Gone are the days of spending 6-8 hours in a classroom full of people you don’t know. Take the classroom portion in the comfort of your own home, then meet with an instructor in person for only 1-2 hours (time mandated by Texas DPS).
After the class is purchased, you will be emailed a code and link to register for the online LTC class within 24 hours of purchasing.
*The proficiency demonstration is required by Texas law for every license to carry applicant that takes an online class.